Wheat was the number one food source in the medieval period. Evidence for the use of flour in order to make bread could be monitored way back millennium ago. But in order not to get bored of the taste they added various ingredients for a unique and more flavored taste. They added mixes of nuts, honey or baked it differently. Today we are going to share an amazing recipe that you could make from your home. We shall share with you the right ingredients and the proper steps so you could achieve this tasty medieval meal.
- 230g Barley Flour
- 25g Rice Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 15g Yeast
- 60ml Ale (Brown)
- 400ml Water
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 500g Wholemeal Flour
How to Create it
- Grab the years and blend it with a little ale so it could get creamy, mix the flours into a warm bowl, then the mix with the 350ml water and the tablespoons of honey. Stir it until you get a firm dough and don’t forget to add extra water if needed.
- Once you get the dough right and it feels elastic you can shape it into the classic ball. So now you have to cover the dough, put it in a warm place and wait for it to grow.
- After the wait time you can create the shape that you are interested in, but don’t forget to split it into two. Leave it round or create something more it is all up to you.
- But as you are waiting make the oven to be pre heated to 230 degrees and bake the loaf or loaves for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Enjoy your meal and if you want a more sweet bread you could leave out the salt.